UA statement on COVID-19
This message is being sent to chapter leaders, advisors, house corporations, and inter/national headquarters.
Today, the President of the University of Arizona emailed all students, faculty, and staff regarding COVID-19. I have attached the original message sent to this email.
Key highlights from his email include:
• Students should not return to campus, provided they have suitable alternative living arrangements. These students are welcome to return to campus briefly to collect belongings.
• Students who do not have a suitable alternative should return to campus. Residence halls, food service, Campus Health, libraries and computer labs are open and will remain open to support you.
• Classes will commence on Wednesday, March 18, fully online. Details for each class will be communicated by individual faculty and instructors.
• All campus support operations will continue as usual to the extent possible.
• Events and gatherings on campus will be canceled or rescheduled and updates will follow directly from the event organizers.
Again, all chapter events planned should be postponed or canceled indefinitely for the remainder of the semester. Keeping in line with the University’s suspension of in-person instruction and move to online classes, all chapter meetings should be done through Zoom or other online means.
If you have a chapter facility, I strongly encourage you to make sure members have adequate housing before you consider closing your facility. The last thing we want is a student to be left homeless. If your chapter facility remains open, please continue to follow all CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of the virus. Please communicate your plans to all chapter members. If you would like immediate guidance please call 520-465-9205 (FSP On-call).
Fraternity & Sorority Programs staff will be working remotely and should be contacted through email. Our office will continue to operate as planned and will engage student leaders and advisors through Zoom. I encourage you to refer regularly to our Coronavirus COVID-19 webpage for updates
Marcos Guzman, M.Ed.
Assistant Dean of Students
Director, Fraternity & Sorority Programs
The University of Arizona
Student Union Memorial Center, Room 404G